Can you feel the good cheer? Can you hear the laughter and see the smiles? We can, because we have been thinking about when your employees come together to enjoy delicious holiday party food and meaningful activities. And, because we have been brainstorming some exciting new holiday party activities, we are exceptionally excited for you.
Whether you choose to use drop-off or full-service catering for your holiday party this year, make sure your employees enjoy a personalized experience. From food to entertainment, we know how to make that happen.
Holiday Party Entertainment Chicago Employees Love
Rather than send employees searching for yet another white elephant present, ask them to bring a cookie to give to a co-worker. Whether they fell in love with one at a bakery or made it themselves, they will be in the giving spirit and enjoy the time set aside for a cookie exchange.
Tip: Ask your Chicago catering company to have some cookies on hand, just in case guests are craving a different type. Our holiday butter cookies are always a hit.
Company Trivia Games
Under each table centerpiece, set out a paper with a series of statements about employees. Each table works as a team to fill out the trivia sheet. This will keep everyone chatting through even the most extended seated dinner.
Planning to have a more casual company holiday party and style of dinner service? Find another way to form teams. You could test departments against each other—see who knows the whole company best.
Why teams? Employees are competing for fun company awards, and they will be even more motivated when working as a team. The “Genesis survey found that 71 percent of workers preferred team-based incentives.”
It is no secret that engaging employees at all levels is of great value to companies. So give them a part in making your holiday party a big success by asking them to submit a photo of a co-worker. After dinner is a great time to share them with the whole company in a fun and touching slideshow. There are plenty of great Chicago venues that make this easy. Two of our favorites are:
- CHEST Training Center: This state-of-the art venue is ideal for innovative companies. You will have full access to the high-tech audiovisual equipment and flexible space.
- Ignite Glass Blowing: There is no doubt that your slideshow will inspire and bond employees at this unique location. Equipped with an LCD projector and featuring oversized windows with magnificent views, this venue expands your imagination.
Let It Snow with Pride Projection
When the slideshow ends, use the projector to display snowflakes with employees’ names and years of service. This creates a magical and touching backdrop that honors employees and reminds them that they too are special.
Tip: Employees are drawn to the display, wanting a closer look and developing a deeper appreciation for their loyal co-workers. Encourage them to linger here by setting out small bites or sweet treats.
Photo Booth with Props
Not only are these a lot of fun, but they also send employees home with a reminder of the good times shared with co-workers. Print out a copy for guests, and let them select whether they would like an addition copy saved for corporate use—maybe they will see their silly picture hanging in the lunch room when they return to work.
Tip: Guests will have an exceptionally good time with this having enjoyed a specialty cocktail. So have the bar nearby, serving up irresistible drinks like our Candy Cane Martini (Godiva white chocolate liquor, peppermint schnapps, marshmallow vodka and peppermint garnish) and our Moscow Mule (vodka, lime juice and ginger beer with a lime wedge garnish).
Proud Projects: Customize Ornaments and Drinks
Make employees’ creative talents and great accomplishments shine in this three-step process. They will enjoy every part of it, and in the end it will add an extra special touch to your company holiday party décor.
- Custom Hot Chocolate: Guests visit the hot chocolate topping bar, where they find whipped cream, sprinkles, chocolate curls, candy canes, crushed Oreos and mini marshmallows.
- Ornament Decorating: With a custom warm drink in hand, guests take a seat at the ornament decorating table and reflect on the year. Then they write down a goal they accomplished on ornament-shaped cutouts.
- Hang with Pride: Finally, they walk over to the Christmas tree or ornament wall decorated with the company logo to share their achievement.
Let’s get the party started, or at least the planning of it. Our Chicago catering team will make the whole process fun and rewarding. To get started, contact us online or give us a call at 847.593.2000.