With Mother’s Day around the corner, you know what that means—time to celebrate your mama, and time to celebrate all the mamas! If you’re planning on hosting a Mother’s Day bash, you’ve probably realized there’s a lot to do. What’s on the menu is just another thing to add to the list.
We provide hassle-free drop-off catering for all kinds of special celebrations like Mother’s Day. If you’re in need of some inspiration for your special celebration, feel free to snag a few of these tasty ideas:
Let the Drinks Flow
Flutes raised high! It wouldn’t be a Mother’s Day party without a few drinks. Sangria always seems to get the conversations going. Here are a few quick tips for homemade sangria:
- Choose your wines: Merlot, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Riesling—hey, even a few rosés will work
- Add your fruits: Oranges, apples, peaches, lemons, plum strawberries
- Fizz it up: Add just a little bit of sparkling soda
- Finish it off: Only add the ice when you’re about to serve
And you can’t go wrong with mimosas! Question is: what kind? Tried and true champagne and OJ or ones with a scoop of sorbet? If you’re looking to kick your mimosas up a notch, treat everyone to a round of these beauties.
Don’t forget you can provide mocktails for your guests, too. Infused waters, like cucumber or lemon, are always a great non-alcoholic option.
Bring on the Brunch
Nothing says “I love you, Mom” like a brunch buffet. From quiches to French toast, you really can’t go wrong with brunch foods. Here are a few of our favorite options we like to recommend:
- Mixed fruit trifle: Organic low-fat vanilla yogurt layered with crunchy granola, grapes, apples and strawberries
- Make your own breakfast tacos: Scrambled eggs and sweet potato green chili hash served with warm corn tortillas, pickled jalapeños, guacamole, queso fresco, shredded lettuce, salsa verde and fresh-cut fruit
Or if you’re looking for a classic All-American brunch, try the following items on for size:
- Egg scramble: Plain with cheddar cheese, Farmer’s (ham, bacon, maple sausage and cheese) or Veggie (bell pepper, onion, mushroom and provolone cheese)
- Fresh-cut fruit
- Home fries or red skin potatoes
- Sausage links, smoked bacon, ham or turkey/chicken sausage
Choose the Perfect Appetizers
If you’re not interested in providing an entire buffet for your guests, then consider offering a mix of appetizers. A well-thought-out selection of hors d’oeuvres is sure to get everyone excited for the day’s activities to come.
Some of our top bites that come to mind include:
- Mini Vienna hot dogs: Pure beef hot dogs on a bite-sized bun with condiments
- Crab cakes with mustard aioli: Bite-sized Maryland lump crab cakes with light mustard aïoli sauce
- Veggie quesadilla: Spinach, artichoke hearts, sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions and melted jack cheese in a flour tortilla
- Cucumber ranch bites: Fresh cucumber filled with buttermilk ranch and goat cheese spread topped with bleu cheese and tomato
- Petite caprese skewers: Herb and olive oil-marinated ciliegine mozzarella and grape tomatoes
Pair Your Entrees and Sides
Maybe you’re planning an intimate sit-down experience with your family and friends, with your mom at the center of it all. Consider going with a delicious meal that stars a variety of fresh, mouthwatering entrees like:
- Stuffed parmesan portobello: Grilled portobello mushroom stuffed with spinach, artichokes and roasted red pepper, topped with fresh mozzarella and crispy onions in marinara
- Pommery apricot chicken: Grilled chicken breast in a pommery mustard, apricot and dill glaze
- Hibachi salmon: Roasted Atlantic salmon fillet in mild Japanese Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce
Match these entrees with the following sides:
- Broccoli stir fry: Assorted Asian vegetables in stir fry sauce
- Herb roasted potatoes: Baby red skin potatoes with garlic, rosemary and parsley
- Sweet corn with chive butter: Sweet corn kernels topped with fresh snipped chives, butter and special seasoning
Don’t Forget Dessert!
Moms often do a whole lot for everyone, so be sure your Mother’s Day feast features something extra sweet for her. Chocolate-dipped strawberries, churros, pineapple upside down cake, cannoli, gelato, strawberry short cake…the list goes on and on.
We love to recommend our ice cream sundae bar for all kinds of special occasions. Guests can create their own unique ice cream sundae, which includes vanilla ice cream scoops, chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, caramel sauce, M&M’s, crushed Oreo cookies, chopped nuts, cherries, sprinkles and whipped cream.
Thoughtful Gifts for Mom
Moms are oftentimes the first to say things like “don’t get me anything” or “it’s the thought that counts.” Feel free to ignore that nonsense and surprise her with an extra special gift during your special celebration. Personalized pillows, succulents, a whole day of deep cleaning, an extendable bathtub tray caddy—think of things that will get your mom to smile or relax and then run with it.
Want to give your mother something AND support a good cause? A fancy corkscrew that goes toward fighting AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria? A pair of adorable gold studs that help provide fair wages and educational opportunities to women in India? Here are some of our favorite Mother’s Day gifts that give back.
There are way more ideas than where this comes from. We’d love to help you plan your special Mother’s Day celebration and pair it with appetizers, desserts and any other delicious thing you need! Contact us today!
More articles you might enjoy: